Monday 1 December 2008

Greengate, Orange Vests and the Euro?

Okay the next post will be happy posts I promise...I hope.

These are a few choice cuts from the BBC website this morning [Monday mornings are always pretty fantastic].

Straw 'surprised' by Green Arrest: This is a great article for a few reasons. The main reason would be Jacqui Smith. She is awesome. I can't wait to read her book, what a complete waste of flesh, oxygen and organs, can we give her body to Stephen Hawing or something? This Greengate story will not go away, there's way more to it than she's leading on. The fact that the Labour Party considered the arrest of Damian Green a PR coup on Thursday evening is incredible. Now Jacqui Smith wants to "Be sure that, whilst MPs are not above the law, that actually they are able to get on with their job without unwarranted interference by the law," which sounds to me like "If one of my rivals does something legal ever again I want to know that I'm not going to get in trouble for sending the police in". Do you know why nobody has dubbed this event "Greengate" yet by the way? It's because like Watergate, it is expected that illegal surveillance was used by the government. My favourite aspect to this story has to be that a Civil Servant turned on the government and this is how Labour acted. Genius.

Offenders to wear community vests: Wow. I want one. I think...they're really going to work.

UK 'closer' to adopting the Euro: The UK is "closer than ever before" to joining the euro, according to the president of the European Commission, Jose Manuel Barroso. Really? Because as this article mentions, the Euro hasn't been an issue in this country for a minute. Fuck the Euro, that shit is a joke. Don't get me wrong, so is the Pound right now but that's by choice pretty much. I love this "I know that the majority in Britain are still opposed, but there is a period of consideration under way and the people who matter in Britain are currently thinking about it" doesn't that sum up Europe in a way that no book or war ever could? "The people who matter in Britain are currently thinking about it". Incredible.

No comments: