Monday 4 May 2009

Wolverine is solid


Just got back from the Streatham Odeon after watching X-Men Origins: Wolverine. I wasn't sure whether X-Men could come through with a 4th consecutive solid film but they managed it. I love the trilogy [part 3 might be my favourite] and Wolverine doesn't stray too far from the nest, pulling straight back into the X-Men universe. They need to shit or get off the pot with the Magneto film because while Sir Ian Mckellen and Patrick Stewart want to do it [Patrick Stewart was on Andrew Marr on Sunday explaining why he loves the roll], they're wasting my god damn time.

Will the best film interpretation ever be as good as the best graphic novel though? I don't see how it could. The depravity and wickedness of Stryker will never be fully appreciated until you explain his religious undertones in the way the books do. I'm not complaining, I like the fact that the films don't try too hard to be the books, just an observation.

No comments: