Monday 7 April 2008

What the fox?



This is the video for Wiley's new single 'Wearing My Rolex'. It's getting a lot of internet hate already. Wiley will always get internet hate, I don't get it, 'Wearing My Rolex' is clearly going to be the biggest song of the summer and like Jack was saying the other day "Whatever you say about Wiley, the guy is an innovator. Wherever he goes, others follow". It's like the grime/ garage kids expect something so specific with Wiley, not with Jammer, Dizzee, Lethal or anybody else but Wiley is their guide and if it's not exactly what they had in mind then Wiley's let them down some how. He didn't help matters by (allegedly) refusing to be in the video (not because he's scared of foxes, or tigers, or lions...fam) and he won't help the case by inevitably responding to the silly comments on the RWD forum. I really think people should give Wiley a break. I personally like the video, I'd like to think it's inspired by The Mighty Boosh's crack fox.


Not sure about "The Dance" though...

No comments: