A charity in Birmingham is offering a guide book to help spot the tell tale signs that your child is in a gang.
* Has your child started to use new slang words?What do I have to do to get my hands on one of these?
* Do they have any unexplained money or new possessions?
* Do they have a new nickname?
* Has their appearance changed? Are they dressing in a particular style or "uniform", for example, wearing a bandana?
* Do they use graffiti style "tags" on possessions such as schoolbooks?
* Do they have unexplained physical injuries?