Sunday 16 November 2008

Hayemaking


The kid David Haye stepped up last night against Monte Barrett. It was a really enjoyable fight, I'd say Haye is absolutely what the heavyweight division needs right now and it was good to see Vitali Klitchko in attendance hyping a title fight but I don't think we learned too much about David. He took a few shots and I admire the fact that he could probably have put Barrett down in the 3rd or 4th, by the time the 5th came along it seemed like the Monte Barrett desperation levels could have put Haye down for the count, which is dangerous. Could he go 12 with Rahman? I'd like to think so but I don't know so. Can he put Vitali or Vladimir down? I'd like to think so but I don't know. Hopefully he'll get another top 10 in the Spring and fight a Klitchko, at The Emirates Stadium in the summer. I just pitched it, there you go Haye, make it happen. I heard they're talking about boxing events at The Emirates, now's the time, this is as big as a UK fight is going to be for a while. You know Britain loves a heavyweight that can put a guy down.

Psychologically, the way Monte Barrett entered the ring must have had an effect.

No comments: