Thursday 12 June 2008

*Gulp*


Lil Wayne's new album has sold 423,000 copies in its first day of release. Sales are what they are generally, I don't watch that kind of thing, but when you hear a number like that you can't help but be awestruck. Word is that he'll sell 950,000 records in the full first week. I always wonder though, when radio starts saying "Lil Wayne album breaks records" and all the websites report it and MTV News report it, don't a lot of people go "God damn! I need that album!?!?!" perhaps increasing the sales? I don't understand consumer trends like that though, I'm too oddball. I remember Jay-Z was projected at 850,000 first week for 'Kingdom Come' and ended up coming in at like 690,000. God damn those numbers are stupid. I'm going to sell numbers like that, my projected first week sales are eleventyhundreds.

I got my copy by the way. Shout outs to all the "Backinanaday" Wayne fans.

No comments: